Add a new inventory dimension
Dynamics AX 2009 includes the following inventory storage dimensions from the packaging:
- Batch number
- Pallet ID
and item dimensions:
Sometimes it may not be enough for the business needs. To add a new dimension, you can follow the steps below:
- First, I assume you have create the dimension tables (similar to InventColor, InventBatch)
- Add the key field into the table InventDim.
- Then add to the field group InventDimensions and InventoryDimensions
- Add fields to the DimIdx as well as relations if necessary.
- And then modify some methods if InventDim, just goes thru all methods.
- Add fields to InventDimParm also.
- Modify macro InventDimJoin and InventDimSelect.
- The most important things is do a seach at the top of AOT with #InventDimDevelop as the keywords.
- Do a complete Recompilation of all stuffs.
You are suggested to add all new dimensions before the system implementation. If there's some open transaction, weird things may happen. So add some spare dimension if necessary.